Do you have a clear vision for your life? If you feel stuck or that something is missing, it may be time to define your life vision. It’s important to have a clear picture of the future that you want so that you can take steps to create it. Taking the time to explore your life vision will help to cultivate a roadmap for your life that spells out where you want to go and how you want to get there. It’s based on your values, dreams and goals. A life vision gives you a clear sense of direction and helps you make decisions – big and small – that are in alignment with what matters most to you.
Creating your life vision is not about creating perfect plans or having all the answers. It is about clarifying what you want for your life, so that you can live with intention and purpose.
Steps to Get Started with Your Life Vision
1. Define your values: What matters most to you?
2. Identify what lights you up: What do you love to do?
3. Set your goals: What do you want to achieve?
4. Create your action plan: How are you going to turn your vision into reality?
Why having a Life Vision is Important
There are many benefits to having a life vision. It can help you set goals, make decisions, and stay focused on what is most important to you. It can also help you overcome challenges and adversity, and provide a sense of meaning and purpose in your life.
Keep in mind that your life vision is not set in stone – it can (and should) change as you grow and evolve. The important thing is that you take the time to create one that feels right for you.
How to Develop your Life Vision Statement
Creating a Vision Statement can provide inspiration and give positive direction to your daily activities and choices.
Once you have your Vision Statement, you can start taking actions to make it happen. In addition, many people find that by focusing on their Vision Statement, things “magically” start to change toward making their vision a reality. In other words, the Universe is working for you, but the Universe needs to know what you want.
Here are the Key Elements of a Compelling Vision Statement:
- Write it down and keep it where you can see and read it daily.
- Write it in the present tense, as though it has already been accomplished. (i.e. My family is healthy and happy. My business is flourishing, etc.)
- Fill your statement with descriptive details that will help anchor it to reality. If you want, add pictures or other visuals to make it more vivid for you. Some people like to create a vision board.
- Include everything you want. Cover all aspects of your life; you can do this for different time frames. Do a separate statement for each aspect, or include everything you want in one vision statement.
- Visualize yourself achieving your life vision. This step is all about getting in touch with the emotions associated with reaching your goals. How will you feel when you achieve your objectives? What will your life be like?
- Don’t wait to do this; do it now! You have to imagine what you want in order to have it. Dare to dream. You can always revise it at a later date, adding to or changing your vision.
- Then, take action steps to make your vision a reality. Take small steps every day towards your life vision. It’s important not to get overwhelmed by the big picture – focus on taking things one day (and one task) at a time. Break down your goals into small, manageable pieces and work on ticking them off little by little.
How to Stay Motivated with Your Life Vision
It’s important to have a life vision because without one, it is very easy to get sidetracked and lost in the everyday busyness of our lives. A life vision serves as a North Star, a guiding light to help you stay focused and motivated on what is most important to you.
It’s not enough to just have a plan; you need to take action every day if you want to see results. This might mean doing something as small as saving $5 from your paycheck each week or going for a 30-minute walk every day. Just remember that consistency is key; the more often you take action towards your goal, the closer you’ll get to achieving it.
Common challenges people face when trying to achieve their life vision is figuring out what they really want and staying motivated. Once you have figured out what you want, it can be difficult to stay focused on your goals and maintain your motivation. You may find it helpful to set small goals and celebrate each accomplishment. You may also find it helpful to find a support group or coach to help you stay on track. Accountability and support can make all the difference.
If you need help getting clarity on what you truly want for your life and the confidence to take action steps, schedule a connection call with me. I would happy to help you get started with your vision for your life.
If you enjoyed this article check out, How to Tap Into Your Life Mission.
Show Up with Danielle
Life & Career Coach
I help women entering new seasons of life whether it’s career change, starting a side hustle, navigating a physical move, finding calm in parenting stages & more. I’ll help you gain the confidence and clarity to move forward so that you can live with more energy, joy and purpose.
Featured photo by Mika Baumeister, Unsplash