If you are considering leaving your full-time job or want to slowly transition into something new, you may want to consider a side hustle. A side hustle is a second job that allows you to pursue your passions, develop new skills and/or make some additional money. It’s a great way to test out if your side hustle could transition into a full time venture.
Here are some things to consider before starting your side hustle.
- Determine your Why for your side hustle. Do you just want to make some extra money, be your own boss, help others, and/or pursue a passion? The why will help you on tough days so it needs to resonate for you.
- Consider what interests you and what you are naturally good at. Your side hustle will require dedicated time and resources, so you want it to be something that interests you and aligns with your skills. Pursuing your path will help you stay motivated and productive.
- Establish if there is a market for your side hustle. Do some industry and potential client research. It’s important to know if there is a need or desire for the products or services you plan to offer before investing valuable time and resources.
- Determine if you need to take classes, additional training or earn a certification. A side hustle may require you to step outside of your comfort zone to develop new skills, but should definitely not be a show-stopper. For example, you may need to learn new technical skills such as building a website. The great thing is that there are so many online education/certification programs available.
- Make the decision to start and find an accountability partner/group. You need action for results. Finding an accountability partner, coach or group can help you get started, stay on track and share ideas. You may be very excited when you begin, but it can be difficult to keep momentum or even get in your own way.
- Adopt a Growth Mindset. Failure or setbacks don’t have to spell disaster. If you make mistakes along the way, consider them learning opportunities and grow from there.
Starting a side hustle can be very exciting and lead to expanded wealth and opportunities. Need inspiration? I love these women’s examples of side hustle success. With grit and determination, there are many possibilities!
Ready to start your side hustle? Having reservations? It’s a big decision, but can have a big payoff in many forms. If you are interested in starting a side hustle, but not sure what is the best fit for you and/or need an accountability partner, I would be happy to help you. Schedule a free clarity call with me to see how I can help you move forward. Sign up here for my newsletter for more motherhood and career change tips.
It’s Never Too Late for the Life you Want.
Show Up with Danielle
Mom Life Coach
I help busy moms design the life they want without the mom guilt.